torsdag 10 november 2011

How Many Faces Do You Have?

You try to act nice
you tried it out twice
you gave me the dice
with your efforts to put everything right
But you talk like a ghost
surrounded by an unholy light
You do your best to shine
but every time you talk
it’s all nails and no chalk.
Your words give me whiplash
I’m afraid my back might snap.
Now I’m like a crazy cowboy taking a snooze on the train tracks.

I wish I was strong
but I can’t hold on
to a person who thinks all is right when everything’s wrong.
So I ask you to leave,
I beg you to go
these curtains needs to fall on your pathetic little show.

You’ve damaged a heart
you’ve screwed up a lot
you need to realize things are not as alright
as you paint them to be.

So stop acting a saint,
it’s kind of too late
to mend this broken bridge 
which you tore down with our faith.
Put your money where your mouth is,
take the car and leave
my life is about to start and I have no aces left up my sleeve.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar