söndag 27 november 2011

Against the World With Nothing To Lose

The fire in the skies,
are telling me the world is more than pain and lies.
Are those fireflies?
Dear God I think I’m alive.
I swear,
if I look close enough I can see the sun set in her eyes.
That moment she touches me
is the moment I decide to keep going.
A frosty decision made from tenderness and frisky handshakes. 
She hugs like no one else,
a long, lingering embrace,
sending chills down my spine
and warmth to my cold soul.
It’s like I’m drunk without being intoxicated. 
One touch and she sends me flying to the moon 
then straight to the core of the earth
and back into my dull body
but now that you’ve touched my skin,
that you’ve looked at me
it feels like I could run a marathon.

But you and I are forbidden;
taboo.
If we start,
we’ll be hunted every second
every day. 
A breath will give us away
a laugh will set off the minefield
and we will burn like the wildfires in your eyes. 
We will be the mice,
they will be the cats,
with claws that cut us deeper than any knife.
They will flame us to the end of the world,

So take my hand
we’re in for a bumpy ride. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar