onsdag 4 januari 2012

The Wounds On My Heart Are Skidmarks From Your Speedy Departure

I’ve heard it before,
this soundtrack
this song
has been on repeat for far too long.

It feels as if time has frozen, 
and stopped me in mid air,
I’m afraid to even move an inch
in case I start a ripple in the life I have to start over.
“It’ll be okay” just doesn’t cut it anymore.
I fell in the battle and now I’m about to lose the war.

Being left behind 
hurts the most,
you know,
it’s like a footballer hitting the post.

The dented heart,
the faint ‘I’m okay’ laugh,
a forgotten word,
a transpired sentence,
a flaw in the blueprint
points toward a hole in the sky. 

I crushed what I could 
but in the end,
what would finally drown me in the dirt,
was one crystal clear lie.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar